200 hour manicurist course expected graduation date from start date to completion is 7 weeks.
200 Hour Manicurist Course
This 200 hour manicuring course has been established for students who are interested in the nail care phase of cosmetology. During this
course, each student will be introduced to nail structure and manicuring techniques with ample opportunity to apply this technique to clients
in the clinic. Advanced training with Sculpted Nail application and maintenance, nail wrapping and application of nail tips is included in the course.
This course should prepare the student to take the Ohio State Board Examination to become a licensed manicurist.
- The student, at the end of the course, should have the manual dexterity to successfully complete a manicure.
- The student, after completion of this course and the State Board Examination, should be able to gain entrance into a beginning level job as a qualified
- To provide to the student "real life" exposure to the role of a manicurist.
- To build a solid foundation of beauty culture technical skill.
- Students are in class the first 3 weeks.
- For the remainder of the course, the students are on the clinic floor and also "specialty classes".
Course Descriptions and Grading
For an overview of course descriptions and grading system, please view our online catalog.