1500 hour cosmetology course expected graduation date from start date to completion is 13.5 months.
1500 Hour Cosmetology Course
The 1500 hour Cosmetology course prepares all graduates for the Ohio State Board Examination to become a licensed cosmetologist.
The course study includes cutting and styling, manicuring, makeup and facials, hair coloring, permanent waving, scalp and hair treatments,
and other important phases of Cosmetology. OSBA also has a large clinic open to the public which is supervised by licensed instructors.
Completion of the subjects listed above should prepare the student for the State Board Examination and to become a licensed cosmetologist.
- The student, at the end of the course, should have the manual dexterity to successfully complete a haircut, permanent wave,
shampoo and set and manicure.
- The student, after completion of this course and the State Board Examination, should be able to gain entrance into a beginning level
job as a qualified cosmetologist.
- To provide to the student "real life" exposure to the role of a cosmetologist.
- To build a solid foundation of beauty culture technical skills.
- The class starting 0-450 hours is in theory and practical, which takes students completely through the textbook.
- Classes continue through 451-1500 hours at various levels. As students advance in their training, they are integrated onto
the clinic floor, as well as review classes.
- Milady Text
Course Descriptions and Grading
For an overview of course descriptions and grading system, please view our online catalog.